According to an article on ESPN.COM Darren Rovell reports that the NBA is...
Terrell Owens $40k A Month in Child Support Leads Him to Claim a Monthly Income of $0
Saying that TO is having the worst month EVER is probably an undestatement. As we have mentioned in previous stories on the woes of Football players becoming BROKE after there career is not made up and with the “lifestyle” these men are forced into, the numbers are high and higher.
T.O. is NOT only selling his homes that are in foreclosure, not playing in the league this season, recovering from an injury, and dealing with his future career, but T.O. is also currently seeking a reduction in child support payments for 3 of his 4 kids. TMZ (of course) has the breakdown:
Baby Mama #4, Melanie Paige Smith
T.O. was ordered to pay $5,000/month for their daughter back in 2007. This is the only case where T.O. has not yet requested a reduction … though his rep says he plans to ask for a modification.
Even better, my girl over at JocksandStilettoJill pointed out some very serious points in question.
1. Take note that with each kid, the amount of the payments got lower. So if you’re Baby’s mama 2B you’re already starting out behind.
2. I don’t know how many homes are in the “all” category but again he has homes in foreclosure and he’s selling off the others just to generate income. At this point, you’re earning capacity is probably exceeding T.O.’s
3. All of this is public fodder.
*covers eyes. For those women out there seeking to be “babymamas” of athletes, choose your athlete accordingly. *shrugs.
I do wish that TO is able to get back on his feet. Perhaps being a commentator or analyst. I can listen to Owens accent all day long. He doesn’t seem to be one of the dummies in the league and after 15 years in the NFL, you must know what you’re talking about. Right?
- Allen Iverson Claims He Wasn’t Holding His Kids Hostage in an Atlanta Hotel, Returns Them to Their Mom
- Terrell Owens Financial Advisor Fires Back “He’s a Crybaby With Poor Money Management”
- Terrell Owens Faces Foreclosure on Dallas Homes
- Terrell Owens Talks Suicide Attempts,BabyMama Drama,His Career and Being BROKE with GQ